If you’re trying to access the electronic resources (eJournals/Articles, eBooks and Databases) via Athens, you will probably get this message:
An email was sent to all IOE Library users at the end of July to inform you that we have made alternative arrangements for you to access the subscribed resources with the view to simplifying access so that you have one less username and password to remember.
As of 1st August 2012 remote access the Library’s subscribed electronic resources will be via your IOE network username and password from IOE eLibrary. This is the same username and password you use to log into the network, a computer at the IOE and to access your IOE email.
To access the databases (to find journal literature) or find an eJournal, use the links below:
- Databases (this is a full A-Z list of the databases we subscribe to – both paid and those that are freely available to us)
- eJournals (this is the eJournal Search. Use the Library Catalogue to search for print journals)
When you select the database or eJournal you require, you will be presented with login options as shown below:
If you want to access the various journal packages we subscribe to, click here. If you have forgotten your password, please contact the Computer Helpdesk on +44(0)20 7612 6696 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are having problems accessing a particular resource, please contact the Library on +44 (0)20 7612 6080 or send us an email at email@example.com.
Please note that a number of databases which require additional personalisation details will also now be accessible using just your IOE network username and password rather than ATHENS. These include –
- Adept Scientific – Adept4Education
- British Library Archival Sound Recordings
- Census Dissemination Unit
- Census Geography Data Unit (UKBORDERS)
- Census Registration Service
- CHCC – Historical Census Collection
- Chronicle (BUFVC)
- Economic and Social Data Service
- Economic and Social Data Service International
- InView (BFI)
- News on Screen
- Samples of Anonymised Records (SARs)
- TRILT (BUFVC)
- TVTimes Project 1955-1985 / This Week (BUFVC)
- ZETOC Alerts
The authentication route will be slightly different but simply follow links to ‘Institute of Education, University of London‘ if you are not presented with the IOE login screen. Further information on accessing electronic resources is available on our ‘Getting Started’ LibGuide .