Several library services will be unavailable for two periods – from Monday 31st July to Wednesday 2nd August (inclusive) and again on Monday 14th August, due to the UCL datacentre migration. Services will be affected at all UCL Libraries (including IOE Library) in the following ways.
Book and laptop lending services
- Library self-service machines will be unavailable – however, IOE Library staff will be able to loan and return books for you
- Renewals will be not be possible
- Laptops will not be able to be borrowed or returned
- No items will be due during this period and fines will not be charged
It will not be possible to:
- Make or cancel reservations
- Place Inter-Library Loan requests or collect ILL items
- View your library account information or change your PIN
- Access some electronic resources off campus (list of resources is here here)
- Current book availability (you’ll be able to see shelf marks etc. but not whether it is currently on the shelf or not)
- View item availability when using the UCL Reading Lists service
No registration of new library members, or renewal of accounts for existing members, will be possible during the system outage. Applications for access / renewal of accounts should be made as normal after the 2nd August. People with UCL ID cards of UCL Library cards can still access all UCL Libraries (including IOE).
Further details about this service interruption can be found here:
We apologise for any inconvenience this service interruption causes.
Bryan Johnson – Resource Discovery Librarian (IOE Library)